Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Reminiscing...

24-02-09

I remember
You smiled and you laughed
And you sat and you stared
The first time we met
But I didn’t look twice

I remember
Not thinking of romance
When you moved and you danced
That night by the fire
But I did think, “How nice…”

I remember
When we drank and we talked
And you wooed and I mocked
The time at the bar
And you said you were true

I remember
Then I knew you were nuts
And I knew that I must
After all that I’d heard
Be crazy for liking you too

I remember
I would wait for that tune
From the phone in my room
Every night after night
Cuz your voice made me smile

I remember
When you wouldn’t call
For some reason or all
That strange empty space
And the day, less worthwhile

I remember
We hugged and we kissed
And you said I’d be missed
When time came for goodbye
I thought it must be enough

But I remember it was then
I began to believe
Something’s changed within me
Though I’ve tried to deny
This space that I feel here is love

No comments: