Tuesday, December 1, 2009

You

01-12-09
I sat down today to write something of you
It had to be done, I said to myself
If someone like you could fill up my thoughts
And push all else out, without any help

Then certainly much could be said of this someone
Whose voice makes my heart jump, and blushes my face
Whose smile stops my breathing, and freezes my throat
Whose eyes tell a story I cannot erase





You make me feel as if no one else matters
It's hard to believe why you'd even care
About someone like me, a nothing, a splatter
I think that you love me, do I even dare?

To dream that one day I’ll call you my own
My own special someone, the half of my heart
And every day wake up beside you alone
To stay here for always, and never depart

And if this is all just a very good dream
And if it’s a lie, I don’t know what I’d do
Maybe every girl says this, and so it’s cliché
You’re one in a billion, there’s no one like you

I sat down today to write something of you
It had to be done, I said to myself
Although I am selfish, you know that it's true
I think that the whole world should know about you

3 comments:

Prister said...

Who the heck is he?

Phil said...

Who is this paragon of manly virtues,
this man seems a saint that any would choose.
His visage brings to your face joy and hue, and I hope his kisses warm that frozen throat too:P
I'm happy for you Gabs!

Gabriela said...

Ha ha ha, dear Tommy. How I do love you... :P

And you know who it is, my love...